[-] Electrical Engineer - Ireland
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for a six month (plus) assignment on a large O&G plant located in the west of Ireland. The work requires some previous experience in this industry or in large scale industrial projects.
Job DescriptionPosition: Electrical EngineerLocation: West of IrelandLength of Assignment: 6 - 8 monthsStart Date: ImmediateEight to ten years of experience in the electrical field within the oil and gas industry or similar.Engineering degree.Knowledge of the ATEX directives and hazardous area equipment selection and installation.Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of electrical generation systems both HV and LV.Knowledge of the power management systems including load shedding, tripping and power measurement i.e. VT’s and CT’s.Understanding or experience of the following topics and system types,
- Electrical safety standards
- Electrical protection relays, including settings, testing, and operations.
- HV & LV switchgear, operation, maintenance, testing, and switching.
- Hazardous area heat trace systems
- Cathodic Protection systems both sacrificial and impressed current
- DC battery systems including chargers and UPS’s
- Atex directives / ET101 / Health and safety directives
- Hazops & Hazids for electrical projects
- Risk assessments and mitigation where site performance standards are not met.
- Knowledge of electrical Arc flash
Privacy notice: https://shanahanengineering.com/privacy-policy/
[-] Quality Control Managers - USA
Shanahan Engineering is seeking Quality Control Managers for assignments on a power contract located in Texas. Previous experience in this industry in a power plant equipment environment - fixed price packages, or rotating equipment new build environment, would be advantageous.
Job DescriptionPosition: Quality Control ManagerLocation: USALength of Assignment: 12 monthsStart Date: 1st Aug 2019
Requirements- in general:
QCM shall perform the following quality-related activities in support of the Phase 1 implementation effort:
Assist with the development of project schedule, definable features of work (DFOWs), and associated safety and quality requirements.
In cooperation with Siemens Government Technologies (SGT), create the project Quality Control Plan and all related reports.
Monitor construction work as it is being conducted onsite and stop work for safety and/or quality reasons if necessary.
Monitor, track, inspect, and record material and equipment for conformance with project specifications and requirements (including FARs).
Maintain, distribute, and archive daily quality reports, issue-logs, and other quality-related reporting as required.
Assist with resolution of quality issues with internal and external organizations.
Provide on-site assistance with quality, safety, environmental, and compliance efforts. Participate in job site inspections, walk-throughs, final walk-through, job closeout & acceptance documentation.
[-] DCS Engineers with Siemens SPPA-T3000
DCS Engineers with Siemens SPPA-T3000 experience required for ongoing assignment work medium to long term. Interested in all versions : SPPA-T3000 Control System, SPPA-D3000 Diagnostic Suite, SPPA-E3000 IEC 61850 Electrical Solutions, SPPA-P3000 Process Optimization Software, SPPA-M3000 Energy Management Software, SPPA-R3000 Turbine Controls, and SPPA-S3000 Simulator.
[-] Commissioning and Start Up Managers
Commissioning and Start Up Managers required for projects worldwide on CCPP, coal and oil fired power plant. Leaders both technically and managerially are needed in an expanding corporate team for Projects and Consultancy. Experience on GE, Alstom, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Hitachi equipment of all capacities.
[-] Technical Clerk/Administrator - United Kingdom
We are seeking a Technical Clerk/Administrator for a 12-month assignment plus on a Biomass energy power plant based in Teesside, UK. Previous experience in this industry would be advantageous.Job DescriptionPosition: Technical Clerk/AdministratorLocation: Teesside, UKStart Date: asap, May 2019
Location: Tees Rep Project.
Safety passport required,
Based in our on-site office.
Electrical scope, competent at reading text (from a drawing) and typing it into a computer
Printing cable numbers on tags in preparation for them being installed by the construction team.
[-] Power Management Systems Engineer Scada (PMS) - Saudi Arabia
We are currently looking for an experienced Power Management Systems Engineer Scada (PMS) to join our team on a CCPP Project in Saudi Arabia.
Manage PMS and technical expertise in the integration and automation of PMS, related industrial controls & PLCs, utilizing industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, and industry SCADA practices
Engineer, manage and configure the human-machine interface for an electric power system using HMI software for PMS.
Engineer and manage and analyze client specifications and design excel-sheet to standardize panel manufacturing
Engineer and manage, create and maintain detailed Power Management Systems design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables
Review and validate Automation and Electrical drawings
Overview: Engineering of Data Acquisition, Power System Supervision, Power System Control, Power System Automation, I & C System IEDS, Instrument transformers, transducers, communications port switches, RTU’s, Metering, Digital fault recorders, Load tap changers, Recloser controllers, Time Synchronisation source IED’s, Protocol gateway, HMI, PLC, Protective Relays, Comms Processor, Communications Protocols, AMR, HMI if possible.
[-] Power Systems Automation Engineer SCADA (PSA) - Saudi Arabia
We are currently looking for an experienced Power Systems Automation Engineer (PSA) to join our team on a CCPP Project in Saudi Arabia.
The applicant must:
• Have technical expertise in software, integration, and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, and industry SCADA practices
• Be able to configure the human-machine interface for electric power system using HMI software
• Analyze client specifications and design excel-sheet to standardize panel manufacturing
• Create and maintain detailed design documents & deliverables
• Review and validate electrical drawings
Overview: Utilising and developing I&C devices to perform automatic decision making and control of the power system.
[-] Senior Director Level Projects Manager
Work type: Power projects, new build, construction, commissioning
Location: based out of Dublin office, traveling to project sites globally
Length of Assignment: full time or contract depending on what suits both parties
Start Date: in the coming months
Shanahan Engineering are seeking qualified Senior Director level Projects Managers to oversee power plant contracts globally. The work requires at least 15 years previous experience in this industry.
Area: Power project builds, commissioning, renewables on EFW, WTE, CCPP, Coal fired, Solar, gas turbines, steam turbines, HRSG’s, large power generation boilers
- 15yrs years minimum relevant industry experience.
- PMP qualification would be advantageous.
- Understands all project related Safe Systems of Work.
- Extensive experience on fixed price contracting, EPC experience.
- Excellent project and man management skills.
- Able to work in multicultural environments.
- Front end project planning development and cost deliverables.
- Project and contract risk analysis.
- Knowledge of Primavera Project Planning (P6) software.
- Project manage and plan the most efficient build, test, and commissioning programmes.
- Excellent reporting skills. Excellent understanding of HQ structures and ability to understand up to date IT systems, procedures, Quality Systems, HSSE systems, reporting lines etc.
- Be able to manage change, efficiently, project manage schedule and cost impact on the work-scope
- Support potential medium and short term schedule reviews and make recommendations.
- Support roll out of SEL CMS (Completions Management System) on future projects.
To apply for this position, send your CV via email
[-] Senior Project Engineers
Position: Senior Project Engineers /Projects Managers
Location: NE UK
Length of Assignment: 11 months approx
Start Date: Summertime 2019
Shanahan Engineering are seeking Senior Project Engineers x 2 with mining background, fertiliser, Potassium/Phosphates experience.
- 12 Years Project Management managing full lifecycle multidisciplinary projects in heavy process industries.
- Materials handling, transfer and Rail & Road logistics experience would be of benefit.
- Understanding of engineering design workflows, reviews and deliverables.
- Experience with CDM, understanding the requirements of all roles.
- Management of EPC contractors across a portfolio.
- Degree, PMP/Chartered and or a safety qualification would be good.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senior Leadership team.
- Co-ordination of the procurement process with local and international commercial / procurement teams including
- tender documentation
- assessment and agreement of new vendors
- bid analysis, vendor selection and order placement.
- Development of concept designs.
- Creation of documentation to sanction stages of project funding, completion of value, risk reviews.
- Interrogation of vendor estimates and collation of overall TIC Project Estimate.
- Control of all project budgets alongside cost manager, identifying and challenging any contractor changes / variations to scope.
- Preparation of client CDM documentation and review of vendors submissions.
- Ensure adequate training is delivered to the workforce alongside vendors and Training manager prior to commissioning completion.
- Principal contact for all vendors.
- Manage commissioning phase, prioritising and co-ordinating the various sub-projects to ensure a smooth transition to beneficial operation.
- Oversee completions of each sub-project and organise the updating of internal systems associated with maintenance and spares.
- Chair of regular project progress meetings and key client representative at vendor meetings through design and construction.
- Creation of master project schedule
To apply for this position, send your CV via email
Join Our Team
With four decades of experience providing engineering expertise to some of the world’s largest power stations, we have a sterling reputation for supplying talented teams that deliver results time and time again. To view the full list of power plant positions and functions that Shanahan Engineering recruits in all international locations Click here or contact our recruitment team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org