Electrical Engineer - Ireland
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for a six month (plus) assignment on a large O&G plant located in the west of Ireland. The work requires some previous experience in this industry or in large scale industrial projects.
Job DescriptionPosition: Electrical EngineerLocation: West of IrelandLength of Assignment: 6 - 8 monthsStart Date: ImmediateEight to ten years of experience in the electrical field within the oil and gas industry or similar.Engineering degree.Knowledge of the ATEX directives and hazardous area equipment selection and installation.Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of electrical generation systems both HV and LV.Knowledge of the power management systems including load shedding, tripping and power measurement i.e. VT’s and CT’s.Understanding or experience of the following topics and system types,
- Electrical safety standards
- Electrical protection relays, including settings, testing, and operations.
- HV & LV switchgear, operation, maintenance, testing, and switching.
- Hazardous area heat trace systems
- Cathodic Protection systems both sacrificial and impressed current
- DC battery systems including chargers and UPS’s
- Atex directives / ET101 / Health and safety directives
- Hazops & Hazids for electrical projects
- Risk assessments and mitigation where site performance standards are not met.
- Knowledge of electrical Arc flash
Privacy notice: https://shanahanengineering.com/privacy-policy/